Saturday 5 September 2009

Saturday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Just a very short L4 session this morning which is what I tend to do the day before an event. My belief is that a session like this (10 mins @ 305W) has the effect of stimulating glycogen storage and supercompensation which should enhance endurance performance during the subsequent event.

The session went well, I guess I never feel quite as good as I hope I will but I reckon that's just life. We always think we should feel better, or less tired, or stronger, or lighter, or just something other than what we do feel!

The fact of the matter is that you never know exactly how you are going to feel until the event itself starts and in a 5.5-7 hour event such as this what matters is how you feel between 4 hours and the finish and you can't predict that from a short turbo session when the turbo isn't fitted with a crystal ball!

Just the trip over to Brampton now and a relaxing evening and then we'll see what the weather is like and how things look in the morning, onwards and upwards!

ATL: 66.3 CTL: 83.3 TSB: +14

[Uploaded 07/09/2009 20:58:46]

No comments:

Post a Comment