Thursday 15 October 2009

Thursday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Continuing to work away at my aerobic conditioning, it would be disastrous to neglect it. 2x20 minutes sweet spot efforts tonight and I cannot say otherwise but the session went really well.

The file was prepared again using ERG+ and the load constantly varied between 88% and 94% of FTP, the full sweet spot range. At no point did I feel really taxed and at the end of the second effort I could definitely have continued. I am convinced that I'm making some progress and I put it down to my ongoing HIT work on Mondays and Tuesdays, I'm actually starting to quite look forward to my MAP test!

Been doing some more reading and I'm going to replace one of my 30 second interval sessions (mini-intervals) with a classic micro-intervals session which will be 15 seconds on and 15 seconds off at 150%, this would give me 5 minutes of "on" time per 10 minute block. I think I'll introduce that on Monday and see how it goes, I doubt that it will be very pleasant but I don't care, as long as it's effective.

Hopefully if I get an improvement in my MAP and when that plateaus off I'll be able to drop down to one HIT session per week as a maintenance dose, I'll give that some thought.

Feeling very optimistic at the moment. To review this session click here.

ATL: 75.1 CTL: 84.1 TSB: +9.4

[Uploaded 15/10/2009 19:54:40]

No comments:

Post a Comment