Sunday 7 March 2010

Sunday Training

Out on the road today for the first time this year! Lovely weather though still very cold. Out on a solo ride covering just under 50 miles which seemed to pass pretty quickly. The roads here are in a truly shocking state and I reckon they should be generally re-designated as cart track rather than roads, if descriptions are to mean anything.

Generated a TSS of around 160 for the ride which has given my CTL a nice little bump. How did I feel after all my indoor training? Good! I definitely need to get my road legs back a bit which I know from experience will take a couple of weeks but my basic power and endurance seem to be fine even after two fairly demanding VeloTron sessions during the last few days.

I am also pleased to report that my body weight has started to head once again in the right direction and I am on track to hit my target body weight around the end of May which is when I am planning to ride my short UK based endurance "training camp". This will be my version of the pros riding The Giro in preparation for The Tour, my ride will be somewhat less glamorous and a whole lot cooler but is intended to perform the same function.

So, the target is to hit a power to weight ratio of 4W/kg by the end of May and then spend June just keeping going and maintaining what I've built by then. I don't think there is any point in my trying to make any significant gains during June, to do so would just risk overdoing it.

That's the longer term plan! The plan for tomorrow is to commute to work which will be a 40+ mile round trip with a 20 minute SST effort midway in both directions, now won't that be fun :-)

To review the data: click here.

ATL: 83.3 CTL: 66.7 TSB: -9.4

No comments:

Post a Comment