Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tuesday (not) Training

A rest day has been the order of the day today so as usual the CTL takes a bit of a hit but so be it, far better to let the graph droop a bit than end up tired and miserable, tomorrow is another day and I'll feel all the better for some extra rest at this stage. It never ceases to amaze me how people try to train through fatigue instead of building things up slowly and carefully, I'm sure it's not a good approach to take.

Enjoyed today, the weather has been bright though still cold but it's been nice to be able to get outside in some dry weather and get a few bits and bobs done. Pleased to have got my commuter bike ready for action and I plan to start commuting to work on Mondays. The commute is a 40+ mile round trip so that will all help to keep the CTL creeping upwards, I plan to do at least one long SST/threshold effort in each direction and then take the rest of the ride steadily, it will take as long as it takes. This will give me another 40-60 minutes of L4 work per week which is all good work to have in the bank.

So, been a good day, a good night's rest ahead I hope and then some more ErgVideo work in the morning before making my way to the hospital again.
Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment