Saturday 24 April 2010

Saturday Training

One of the things I really like about spring is the arrival of the early season wild flowers. I thought these marsh marigolds were particularly beautiful, maybe I've just got a thing about the colour yellow, no idea why!

Really excellent ride today in the Northern part of Northumberland out towards Wooler. Apart from poor road in many parts this is fantastic cycling country, often tens of minutes passed without a car in sight making it much safer to swerve around the potholes :-/

Legs feeling pretty tired at the moment as a result of the day after day training but I'm working on the plan that there are very few days off in the Tour de France so I might as we'll make sure I am well and truly ready for it and taking loads of rest days would be poor preparation.

Another long steady ride scheduled for tomorrow, just have to hope the weather holds up Ok as well as my legs and if so that should see the CTL take another little step up. I've calculated that I need a ride generating a TSS of at least 150 which would give me a CTL increase of around 1.8 for the week which would be fine and wouldn't push my TSB down too low.

Onwards to Paris!

Ride Time: 03:11hh:mm
Ride Distance: 54.05miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 3415feet
Average Speed: 16.9mph
Average Heart Rate: 136bpm
Maximum Power: 657W
Average Power: 187W
Normalised Power: 229W
Intensity Factor: 0.752
Variability Index: 1.23
Training Stress Score: 180.7
Acute Training Load: 98.4
Chronic Training Load: 82.2
Training Stress Balance: -8.3

No comments:

Post a Comment