Wednesday 28 April 2010

Wednesday Training

There is no doubt about it, this stuff is the food of the gods and on wholemeal toast before a ride is just the thing to get you off to a good start, eaten before your proper breakfast that is! ;-)

Another ErgVideo session planned for today and as I've mentioned before it gets harder and harder to keep the CTL rising as the CTL itself gets higher and higher. Planned today for a TSS of around 90 by doing 6x9 minute efforts at around sweet spot (270-280W) with 3 minute recoveries.

The session went as planned and I seem pretty well used to churning out this sort of session day after day now. I seem to keep recovering ok in spite of currently running a 500 calories per day deficit in order to try to shed about a pound a week in the run up to blast off in July.

The steady weight loss is going ok so far and I plan to be around 77-78kg by the time I depart and then probably about 76-77kg by the time I reach the mountains. It's always of course possible that I could gain weight whilst riding if I feel really hungry!

I did manage to gain 7 pounds when I walked up to Everest Base Camp in 2000 which some would say was no mean feat, I was certainly the only one in the group who gained rather than lost weight :-)

In the end my weight will be what my weight will be and I'm not going to fret over it.

Ride Time: 01:21 hh:mm
Work Done: 1053kJ
Training Stress Score: 89.7
Intensity Factor: 0.811
Normalised Power: 247W
Variability Index: 1.15
Ride Distance: 30.12 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 342W
Average Power: 214W
Average Heart Rate: 139bpm
Average Speed: 22.1mph
Acute Training Load: 97.6
Chronic Training Load: 83.8
Training Stress Balance: -15

To review this session: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment