Friday 7 May 2010

Friday Training

Didn't want to overdo things today so just scheduled a steady session riding the Mallorca tempo and hills ErgVideo.

Session went fine and delivered the planned TSS of around 70. The way this week is panning out I reckon I'll be pleased to maintain my CTL and hopefully in doing so get my TSB to rise a little ready for the next push along the road to Paris.

I keep making small steps in my preparations to try to avoid chaos in the last couple of weeks. I've been looking carefully at my tyre choice and have now ordered the new rubber for the Tour Ride. I've selected the Michelin Pro3 Grip tyres which have a softer compound but are supposed to offer superb adhesion even in the wet. I'm happy to sacrifice a little tyre longevity in favour of adhesion.

I've made this selection because I'm going to be making a lot of long winding descents and it's likely that some, but hopefully not all, of these will be made in the wet and I think these tyres will make these descents just that little bit safer, safety is my highest priority.

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 864kJ
Training Stress Score: 68.9
Intensity Factor: 0.768
Normalised Power: 234W
Variability Index: 1.14
Ride Distance: 25.88 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 362W
Average Power: 205W
Average Heart Rate: 127bpm
Average Speed: 22.2mph
Acute Training Load: 101.5
Chronic Training Load: 88.6
Training Stress Balance: -16

To review the session data: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment