Thursday 6 May 2010

Thursday Training

A new ErgVideo experience today with the climb of the Port de Pailheres. The scenery on the climb was really excellent and the multiple hairpin bends towards the top, as well as a finishing sprint, made for a challenging ride.

The interesting thing about this climb/session was that the work rate got progressively harder as the time went by so this coupled with fatigue made this an excellent session.

The planned TSS of 103 was delivered and my CTL remains above my original build target but I'm feeling fine so I'll happily accept that!

I'll wait to see how I recover tonight but the current plan is for a light session tomorrow before the weekend but the current forecast makes it likely that there will be no long outdoor rides done. Maybe this week would be a good time to allow my TSB to pick up again before pushing on towards a CTL in the mid 90s over the next month or so.

I have to say though that the way I'm feeling at the present time I highly recommend ErgVideo based training. I think after a full winter of it after this season I may even make further gains.

Ride Time: 01:36 hh:mm
Work Done: 1349kJ
Training Stress Score: 244
Intensity Factor: 0.802
Normalised Power: 244W
Variability Index: 1.05
Ride Distance: 35.47 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 516W
Average Power: 234W
Average Heart Rate: 141bpm
Average Speed: 22.1mph
Acute Training Load: 105
Chronic Training Load: 88.9
Training Stress Balance: -16.6

To review this session: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment