Monday 21 June 2010

Monday Training

Steady L3 session at 76-90% of FTP which went pretty well. It's a strange situation really as I can feel the effects of less training with a loss of fitness but I can also feel the benefits of rest as I feel generally well and actually quite strong on the bike. Fundamentally I feel that it is far more important to start a 3 week bike event feeling really well rested and healthy than it is to start on day one at the peak of fitness, but we shall see!

It would be a very different matter if I was training for a one day event, to peak on that day is vital, but this is a very different animal and ideally I would like to be feeling well and at my best at the end of the first week or sometime around then though inevitably fatigue is going to be becoming a factor by then.

In the end I can do what I can do and I'll give it my best shot, off to London tomorrow to see the nice people at 1000Heads and to meet the guys from Skins which I'm looking forward to greatly, these are good times, I'm going to enjoy them whilst I can, I'm unlikely to go down this road again.

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 903kJ
Training Stress Score: 66
Intensity Factor: 0.752
Normalised Power: 229W
Variability Index: 1.07
Ride Distance: 25.7 miles
Cumulative Tour Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Cumulative Tour Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 273W
Average Power: 215W
Average Heart Rate: 139bpm
Average Speed: 22.1mph
Acute Training Load: 59.2
Chronic Training Load: 90.9
Training Stress Balance: 33.1

No comments:

Post a Comment