Tuesday 22 June 2010

Tuesday (not) Training


Very early start today to set off down to London for my meeting with the guys from 1000Heads and SKINS, had to get the train at 07:03 which meant an early alarm call indeed. Arrived in London on time and descended into the depths of The Underground which as you can see above was it's usual fun self but it did at least remind me why I like living in Northumberland!

Our meeting went extremely well, everyone was very friendly and positive and some of the work that has been going on in the background towards the Tour de Velo ride has been fantastic. Saw a preview of a couple of videos that have been made in support of the ride and the campaign which were excellent, even though I was in one of them! I'll post links to the video and to anything else to do with the campaign as and when they become available.

Had a detailed briefing on the SKINS product range which was very enlightening. I was until recently only aware of the recovery tights and socks but the current range is unbelievably comprehensive and to me at least seems very well throught through for a wide range of sports. Really looking forward to having an extended opportunity to experience this gear which I'll be reporting on as the tour progresses.

Got home after the meeting in good time in spite of the best efforts of Northern Rail between Newcastle and Alnmouth but at least I made it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment