Saturday 19 June 2010

Saturday (not) Training

Continuing with my rest and recovery period which I am enjoying even though I do feel guilty about it! Tour preparations are still going well but I have still heard nothing from Sports Tours International and have not yet received an itinerary, just over a week before departure, which is a bit worrying to say the least. Have to get on the phone to them again tomorrow and see what is going on.

Spent ages today working on the GPS files and the Google Maps for the ride and I think I have now got everything ironed out and I am very pleased with the results, it's been well worth the effort. As an example if you would like to have a look at one of the stages, in fact stage 17 is the only generally available stage, that I have prepared click here. The Google Map that will open up can of course be zoomed and panned etc.but the real fun starts when you play with the Street View option which allows you to look at the roads as they really are.

So, if you want to see what it's like at the top of The Tourmalet just zoom right in on the end and drag the little yellow man onto the area of road you want to look at and hey presto you are there and can move and look around as you wish. To see what the top of The Tourmalet looks like in Google Street View click here, neat eh! I've now done all the Tour de France stages like this, quite a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment