Tuesday 15 June 2010

Tuesday (not) Training

The last of my 3 rest days today and had to spend the morning at the dentist getting checked over as I don't want any avoidable problems cropping up during the "Leading the Tour" ride, better safe than sorry I reckon.

Spent a lot of the day working away on the GPS files of the tour stages and have now managed to get 10 of them done in some sort of reasonable order. I'm effectively over half way through them as I know the stage 17 file is available as it is the Etape du Tour and I've seen in on the GPSies website.

Still no further on with Sports Tours International and the details of my trip but still hoping that things will all work out, if not there is going to be one hell of a panic at the end!

Must confess that at this stage I'm feeling quite apprehensive about the whole thing, wondering how everything is going to work out and how I will feel riding day after day, I just want to get on with it now. One of the hardest things to do I find is to ease right off on my training even though I know it is the right thing to do. It just feels strange not training as regularly and we all have this "I'll lose my fitness" fear even though I know I've got three weeks in the saddle to get it back! Strange thing the human brain, it plays tricks on us.

CTL is still well ahead of where I really need it to be even after 3 days of rest and my TSB is only marginally +ve so according to the numbers this is a good place to be! :-)

Acute Training Load: 86.4
Chronic Training Load: 99.9
Training Stress Balance: 5.1

No comments:

Post a Comment